Landing team 16.01.15

Hello everyone,

We have an ubuntu-rtm promotion! Please enjoy image number #14 for mako
and krillin, #13 for emulator and #8 for RTM.es in our stable channel.
These images are nothing more than images #200 (krillin), #168 (mako),
#162 (x86) and #49 (RTM.es) from 14.09-proposed that passed QA's
promotion criteria.

During testing one additional problem has been identified [1] - video
resuming playback in the background after a call has been hanged up -
but the issue has a very low impact on the user experience. Besides that
the image fixes a lot of our critical and high bugs, further improving
system stability and responsiveness.
You can now upgrade your devices and give it a spin!

That being said, we have another big milestone coming up in 2 weeks [2].
Please make sure that you get as many important bugs fixed for this
time. We know that it's sometimes hard to do, but we would appreciate if
fixes would start flowing in starting next week already. Please try not
to leave anything for the last minute.

Ubuntu-rtm landing gates are now open and new fixes are already flowing
in. Today we also had some touch related landings in vivid as well, with
a new powerd release enabling smooth transitions for brightness control
- you can check that out in our next devel image. For more information
what landed be sure to consult our commitlogs below.

A final notice to developers: if you find a free moment of your time, be
sure to take a look at your project's autopilot tests. We noticed the
test results regressing for vivid with the recent images, while we
should aim for automating our test process as much as possible.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/media-hub/+bug/1411273
[2]
https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww05-2015

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#67 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/67.commitlog

#200 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/200.commitlog
#199 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/199.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#67 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/67:20150116:20150116/12063/

#168 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/168:20150116:20141119/12064/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Repeating alarms appear disabled in clock app after it went off once
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1411171
 => Merge requests present
 -> Still needs a fix for vivid

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

** Crop tool sometimes selects the wrong area
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1404170
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak