Landing team 28.01.15

Hello everyone,

The custom tarball which we have waited for has landed and we could
finally get our this weeks first promotion candidate built. Krillin
image #220 is now in the hands of QA.
We already have some preliminary test results and so far only one
worrying regression has been noted: problems with the Instagram and
Picture scopes and its account configuration [1]. Both QA and upstream
developers are on this issue right now. We need to get it fixed as soon
as possible as the deadline for image promotion is Friday.

Besides that things are looking alright. We need to get back to putting
proper emphasis on autopilot testing, as the current results are a bit
worrying. As for now we have many scoperunner crashers in our ubuntu-rtm
images, not to mention selective failures here and there. After this
week is over please make sure your autopilot tests are working fine with
the latest images!
The vivid test results are not available yet due to some problems with
the ubuntu-terminal-app bzr branch, but once those are fixed those will
be back in our test result section.

All links to smoketesting dashboards can be found here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting

This link is always visible in the documents field below - as well as
many other useful links.

The mediascanner2 regression that broke music-app is now fixed in vivid
as well, so be sure to upgrade your devel-proposed images to get it
working once again.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#81 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/81.commitlog
#80 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/80.commitlog

#219 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/219.commitlog
#218 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/218.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#183 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/183:20150128:20150116/12210/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** [1] Instagram Photos scope and Photos scope don't recognize Instagram
online account
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415595

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

** Crop tool sometimes selects the wrong area
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1404170
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak