Problem Setting Up SDK - Creating Click Package

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I've installed (and purged then reinstalled) the SDK with a view to creating some apps, but I've hit a problem at the simplest level.  I've created a simple web app to test which simply loads up the Mozilla site, but I can't create a test Click package.  I have the same problem as this question http://askubuntu.com/questions/548801/ubuntu-sdk-cannot-create-click-package-and-cannot-create-emulator - note that the screenshot showing the click package creation on there doesn't seem to be quite right.  I have what is described, but this is no test tree, and only the "Validate existing Click package" is enabled, the create and install ones are disabled.
Additionally, I did manage to get it running one my phone when I connected it via USB, but after trying to purge it and removing the .config/QtProject and .config/ubuntu-sdk directories I no longer seem to be able to do this.

Am I missing a package or something obvious?

Thanks - Phil

Follow ups