Re: Fwd: [Bug Report] SIM-PIN

On 02/04/2015 06:06 AM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
Can somebody help Ergü?

So there's two problems I see that need solving...

1. Ergü, and other people running Touch, don't necessarily have a good way to report bugs. This is a similar, but different problem than the recent discussion about app reviews and bugs.

There's a little bit of advice re: reporting bugs on the Touch "Contribute" page on the wiki [1], that also points to the Avengers page [2] which includes bug reporting links for various important packages that are shipped by Touch.

That said, although there's a link for reporting ofono bugs, there's nothing that describes ofono as one of the key telephony packages, so I'm not sure how a typical user would know that reporting a bug against ofono and/or indicator-network would be the right thing to do in this case.

I made some minor changes to the "Reporting Bugs" section on [1] which emphasizes the point that if unsure, ask on IRC or the mailing list.

2. SIM PIN

I'm going to make a guess that the version of Ubuntu installed on Ergü's Nexus 4 is stable/RTM. If so, there's a bug that only affects Mako which causes this problem with SIM PIN unlocking. As the bug was Mako-only, and the corresponding fix was quite intrusive, it was only fixed in Vivid, as we didn't want to risk regressing krillin/RTM.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-network/+bug/1376250

I will raise this issue with my mgmt to see if it makes sense to land this as part of our first RTM OTA update.

Regards,
/tony

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Contribute

[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Avengers