Landing team 09.02.15

Hello everyone,

Some of you using krillin devices might have noticed a new image
promoted to the 14.09 channel today. This is an internal image that we
were required to prepare for some production purposes and generally does
not affect normal users. No new user-visible changes besides the ones in
the previous promotion are included in this image.

During the weekend we had a few fixes landing in our images. A fix for
google calendar sync has been released to ubuntu-rtm on Friday, along
with a new pay-ui and music-app today. Vivid had a big ubuntu-ui-toolkit
landing happening today, with the most of the packages still waiting in
-proposed (waiting for the autopkgtests to run). It might migrate before
the nearest nightly auto-build though.

>From other news: this week we have another ubuntu-rtm milestone planned
- ww07-2015 [1]. So far not that many fixes have been submitted, which
might be a little bit worrying. We hope that everyone is still working
on those and aiming for the next milestone instead. Remember: we're
closing the landing gates tomorrow EOD as per our schedule, so please
don't push all fixes for the last minute.

As mentioned last week already, we also need to concentrate on getting
vivid up to an usable state. Please check the blocker list below and try
getting as many of those fixed ASAP! The SIM-card issue seems to have
had a fix released - we now need confirmation that it's all ok before
removing it from the issue list.

[1]
https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww07-2015

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#94 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/94.commitlog
#93 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/93.commitlog
#92 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/92.commitlog

#230 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/230.commitlog
#229 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/229.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#94 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/94:20150209:20150208/12273/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** Instagram Photos scope and Photos scope don't recognize Instagram
online account
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415595
 => Merge requests present

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** [TOPBLOCKER] web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not blank on
idle
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391230
 => Merge requests present

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Dialler shows 'No network' even though SIM is present (vivid)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1413316
 => Merge requests present
 -> Can we get someone confirming that all is ok already?

** Location indicator switches are off and won't switch on if HERE T&Cs
were not accepted in the wizard
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1414610

** Vivid Random lockups
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418707

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

** Crop tool sometimes selects the wrong area
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1404170
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak