Developer mode, and when ADB is enabled

Hello all,

currently we have the following situation on the phone:

1. If developer mode is disabled, you can not connect to ADB.
2. If developer mode is enabled by hand in the settings, you can connect to ADB
    only if the screen is on and unlocked.
3. If developer mode is enabled by setting the --developer-mode switch while
    flashing you can always connect to ADB.

I think 2 and 3 are both solutions that work but should not stay forever. Especially nr 2 because its hard to understand whats happening if its not explained to you. And even if there is documentation
about it, its hard to miss.
Nr 3 is problematic, if you are a developer you probably will flash your device with that switch but by that open it up to the entire world. Why should we not provide security for developers as well?

Instead the proposal would be to drop 2 and 3, but instead do the following:

If developer mode is enabled (in system settings manually or with the --developer-mode switch) adb is disabled as long as there is no USB plugged in. When the user plugs in the usb cable a dialog pops up
that asks the user:

"USB connected, choose the mode you want to use: Developer mode, Data transfer, Just charging". The user can of course only choose the mode AFTER he has unlocked the device at least once.
ADB now stays enabled until the USB cable is removed.

Any thoughts about this?

Benjamin

Follow ups