Landing team 16.02.15

Hello everyone,

As announced earlier, we are preparing for a new ubuntu-rtm milestone
this week. There was a lot of silos prepared on Friday so QA had their
hands full from the very morning. Please note that all factory-related
fixes are signed off first, then criticals and all others in the end.
Please remember QA might have lower capacity for sign-off and testing
during this week.

We also intend to put more pressure on autopilot testing in the nearest
days. Starting next milestone we will now begin blocking promotions once
again on bad smoketesting results. Other rules will still need to be
discussed with management, but QA already introduced another small rule:
for non-critical bugs in projects that ship autopilot tests it is now
required to make sure that all of them are passing. If not, the landing
will be rejected before even moving to further testing. This way we can
make sure that automated tests are no longer ignored and get the
attention they need.

For instance currently, on the latest vivid image all
ubuntu-system-settings tests seem to be failing for mako. We will also
need to again make sure that flo and manta devices as much love as
before. Those still remain our officially supported devices!

Besides that today we had a short CI Train outage for which we would
like to apologize. All is alright now and such problems should not
happen anymore in the future.

>From other news: today Timo published the Qt 5.4 silo and it
successfully migrated to the vivid release pocket. The next touch image
should now be Qt 5.4 enabled \o/

Remember that the ubuntu-rtm landing gates will close tomorrow EOD! Make
sure you get your critical fixes in as soon as possible.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#235 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/235.commitlog

#101 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/101.commitlog
#100 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/100.commitlog
#99 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/99.commitlog
#98 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/98.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#101 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/101:20150216:20150210/12311/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** Dialler shows 'No network' even though SIM is present (vivid)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1413316
 => Merge requests present

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** [TOPBLOCKER] web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not blank on
idle
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391230
 => Merge requests present

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Location indicator switches are off and won't switch on if HERE T&Cs
were not accepted in the wizard
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1414610

** Vivid Random lockups
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418707

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

** Crop tool sometimes selects the wrong area
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1404170
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.