Re: Wifi Privacy Police

Active scanning shortens the time it takes a station to connect, which
helps minimize outages when a person is mobile and leaving one 802.11
wireless coverage area for another. It's also a way to reduce power
consumption as the receiver scanning function needn't be always on and
listening for AP beacons. It can be turned on only when in need of a new
connection.

Cheers,
Randall