Re: Static chroots for SDK

On 03.03.2015 00:32, Riccardo Padovani wrote:
On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Nekhelesh <krnekhelesh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Zoltan,

I ran the script and uploaded the test results to
http://paste.ubuntu.com/10504939/. Hope they are helpful.

@Others, Please do take the time to also test this on your system and upload
the results as they would help the SDK devs. I followed the step below to
get the results,
- bzr branch lp:~bzoltan/+junk/static_chroots
- cd static_chroots
- sudo ./test_static_chroot.sh
- Then upload test.logs file in that folder to paste.ubuntu.com
I tried, but it has been the most painful experience I had as Ubuntu
Touch developer for 2 years.

First time I tried, it stucked on a speed of  21.2KB/s  (eta 6h 5m).

Second time, the script stopped for ~5 minutes on "Create click
chroot"[0] (without any signal of activity). When I pushed CTRL+C it
started to download the image (with a good speed for my network:
~750KB/s)

This is the log:

Anyway, it has been a very bad experience: maybe I was unlucky with
this test, but I never had problems creating chroots: it takes ~25
minutes, while I lost 1 hour and half using this static chroot.
Maybe the idea works well, but it needs an huge improvement.

My 2 cents,

[0]: http://paste.ubuntu.com/10507214/
[1]: http://paste.ubuntu.com/10507367/

Seeing your logs I think t hat the Ctrl+C terminated the click chroot creation. So I am afraid that what you have experienced is exactly what my concept is addressing.

cheers,

bzoltan