 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Scopes default store behaviour
 To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Monday, 16 March, 2015, 22:36

 On 03/16/2015 03:31 PM,
 Martin Albisetti wrote:
 > Supporting an
 app showing up as both an app and a scope at the same
 time
 > is more invasive and not easily
 backwards compatible. If the former

 feels like enough to everyone, I'll add that to our
 list, give control
 > to the developer on
 how to present the package type.

 I think the store should indicate (maybe with
 icons in the listing)
 whether a click
 package provides an app or a scope.  For example,
 Telegram seems to be a perfectly symbiotic
 pair, but I really would have
 appreciated
 knowing that there was a scope beforehand.

 In addition, there are a large
 number of completely worthless webapps
 and
 there are sure to be an equally dubious number of RSS scopes
 in the
 near future.  It'd be nice to
 see when an official app came with a scope
 so that I could look into curating any
 standalone unofficial scopes that
 were
 locally installed.