[UPDATE] Issues with CI Train Spreadsheet

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Robert Park <robert.park@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What's happening is that the spreadsheet is just overloaded

I'm not yet convinced that it's 100% recovered, however it does seem
to be much better today than it was yesterday. Proceed with caution.

> 2. I disabled the 'Reconfigure' links. The formula that powers those
> links is a bit doggish, so hopefully with that disabled for a little
> while, the spreadsheet can recover and we can re-enable those later.
> Unfortunately for now this means that only us trainguards can
> reconfigure silos. I'll investigate an alternate solution for this
> that may be more sustainable/scalable.

Alright, I've devised an alternate solution for silo reconfiguring
that seems to tax the spreadsheet less, as the new formula is only run
on demand rather than "every time any cell is updated anywhere".

>From now on, when you need to reconfigure your silo, you need to
follow these steps:

1. Click somewhere in the row you want to reconfigure (this is
important; if your active spreadsheet cell is on the wrong row, then
the wrong row can be reconfigured, please don't do that)

2. Click the "Landing tools" menu at the top of the sheet (it's next
to where it says "All changes saved in drive", near the
bold/italic/strikethrough buttons)

3. Click "Reconfigure" menu item

4. A dialogue box pops up confirming the row / landing description
that you've selected to reconfigure. If it looks right, click "Click
here then click Build" and a new tab with the familiar reconfigure
jenkins job will appear for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience, let me know if you have any questions!

Follow ups