Re: Manually deploying app to device

Hi Niklas,
Thank you very much for your reply, but I am a little confused. As per the wiki, a toolchain specifies all the required options, so when I run cmake, I can pass an option with the toolchain file (which I can find where?), so I don't have to specify the compiler additionally. Or is it the other way around, I only need to specify the compiler location and that's it?
Thanks,Bogdan

Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:48:05 +0100
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Manually deploying app to device
From: nikwen.developer@xxxxxxxxx
To: bogdan.cuza@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bogdan,

I was about to reply on G+ but then I saw this.

The Ubuntu SDK uses a cross-compilition toolchain which is installed in the chroot. The gcc packages are called arm-linux-gnueabihf-* where * can for example be gcc, g++ or ld.
You can then make CMake use these tools as explained in the CMake wiki. [1] Essentially, you need to specify which compiler it should use using the CMAKE_C_COMPILER and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER flags.
Check out the link. Additionally, you can always have a look at the Ubuntu SDK sources for the exact procedure.

Cheers,
Niklas

[1] http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling

Hi!
I am looking for a way to manually deploy apps to a device (without Qt Creator). As far as I understand, click just installs the already-built files. The problem is the C++ files need to be compiled for arm and linked with the arm versions of Qt accordingly, and I don't know how to do that. Could someone help me?
P.S. My project is a cmake one, not qmake.