Porting Guide

I suppose this is the most up to date information on porting the Ubuntu
Touch to other devices:
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/porting-new-device/

I might have gone through that several times. No light bulb lighting up
yet, though I understand the beginning part, up to the point about device
specific changes. From there, I get lost.

If I may ask, is there a video tutorial of at least, a single device
ported? The device can be the already officially supported devices, or a
randomly picked device. The intent will just be o give a run down steps.

I understand ubuntu developers are busy fixing bugs and stabilizing the
touch. It'll also be great to offer even more springboard for many out
there to get other devices ported.

And going through the Ubuntu touch category on askubuntu, there's little
talk about porting. Meanwhile, most porting talks one can find, the links
lead back to the porting guide from Ubuntu.

If porting is that easy, but perhaps I'm missing some steps, please direct
me. By the way, I have cm running on phone, cm12 to be precise. I build it
myself, kinda anytime I feel like. Rooting, unlocking, adb, fastboot are
all piece of cake. The porting? That's not even a cake for me.

Rexford.
khophi.co