Landing team 09.04.15

Hello everyone,

First of all time for the latest news on our OTA-3 that's in the works
right now. QA is now more or less done with regression testing but they
found 2 blocking issues that require us to re-spin an image with fixes.
This will delay our work slightly as one of the fixes requires a new
oxide release (1.6), which is already building but still requires over 5
hours to build. The estimated time for getting all tests finished is
tomorrow. In this case the update can possibly be made available to
users around Tuesday next week if everything goes well.

QA will also be doing a vivid sanity run on all of our supported
platforms to finally promote a new image to the devel channel most
probably tomorrow. In the new release 'design' the ubuntu-touch/devel
channel will essentially be a place where every devel-proposed image
that passes sanity tests for supported platforms will be copied to. We
still don't have all the proper resources and processes 100% ready, but
this should be effective in the nearest time. This way users of the
devel channel would still be relatively up-to-date but without the risk
of getting a completely broken image (like in the case of all -proposed
images). Just remember: devel still means that many things can be
busted, but at least the very basic features are made sure to be working
(like: bootability, making calls etc.). For stability 'stable' is the
way to go.

Other news: most of the train-managing Landing Team will be in Austin
next week, but Timo should still be around to provide proper EU
coverage. Also, tomorrow I will be away for most of the day, available
only for emergencies and OTA release-coordination - but as always Mirv
and robru are there to save the day.

There are a lot of things planned for next week, like: final freeze, the
most probable switch of RTM to a vivid-baseline and the OTA-3 release.
Let's see how things resolve.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#265 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/265.commitlog

#166 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/166.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#166 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/166:20150409:20150210/12571/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

** unity8 sometimes hangs on boot
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1421009
 => Merge requests present

** [system settings] Count resets to 3 tries after 3 fails at sim unlock
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415850
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** After connection drops, mobile-data takes ~5m to re-connect
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418077
 => Merge requests present

** Leaving Wifi does not connect to mobile carrier data (GSM)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1435328

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,