Landing team 16.04.15

Hello everyone,

As already announced today we have released OTA-3! It's still in the
phased upgrade phase but in less than 18 hours the phasing should be
complete and the new release should be available to all users. So far
nothing critical has been reported by any of the users that got the upgrade.

We also partially triaged the reason for bug LP: #1444347 [1]. It seems
that there is a rare bug in the system-image server during delta
generation between images related to certain cases when hard-links are
involved. It's being looked into by Foundations and should be resolved
soon - we'll keep everyone up-to-date on that. Before publishing OTA-3
we have double-confirmed that this case does not apply to this image.

There will be also a separate announcement regarding new CI Train
landing procedures related to the vivid final freeze later.

>From other interesting news: we are once again re-asserting the idea of
re-adding ubuntu-calendar-app to the images by default. The latest
version got already tested by QA and currently failed, but once the
noticed issues are resolved we'll re-try the inclusion.

Final news: there will sadly be no landing e-mail tomorrow as I will be
traveling home for almost the whole day. I'll be back in my usual
timezone on Monday. Besides that I'll also be attending an open source
conference in Poland this Sunday - the DWO'15 - so I'll be around in
person case you have any questions regarding the touch release processes.

Cheers!

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/click-apparmor/+bug/1444347

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#270 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/270.commitlog

#173 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/173.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#173 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/173:20150416:20150210/12642/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

** unity8 sometimes hangs on boot
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1421009
 => Merge requests present

** [system settings] Count resets to 3 tries after 3 fails at sim unlock
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415850
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** Leaving Wifi does not connect to mobile carrier data (GSM)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1435328
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.