Re: Media Player

Hey Matthias,

Am 18.04.2015 um 21:19 schrieb Matthias Apitz:

> In the BQ is an app called Media Player. I wanted to use it to play a
> file VoiceMessage.wav and copied this file to ~phablet, i.e. to
> /home/phablet. The app says that I do not have selected any file to play
> and I should copy it "to the phone". Very nice, without saying to which
> directory :-(

This one is a bit "strange" and I ran into it myself: the Media Player
app currently seems to not have an UI for selecting files, it has to be
called with a file. You can do that by e.g. selecting a file in the
Video or Music scopes or maybe by installing the "File Manager" (I am
not fully sure, my phone is in a somewhat broken state because I'm
happily debugging other things).

> Btw: How can I play a stream with the BQ like this one:
>
> mplayer -playlist http://www.deutschlandradio.de/streaming/dlf_lq_mp3.m3u

If you are looking for a generic Web Radio app, I think there was one at
some point.

If you are trying to play it through mplayer: there is currently no way
to install mplayer without breaking updates at the same time. "aplay" is
installed, but it can't seem to handle MP3 streams.

have a lot of fun,
Simon