Landing team 22.04.15

Hello everyone,

Vivid landings continue on full speed. Please note that due to
iso-testing this week QA has limited resources and the sign-off process
might take a bit longer than usual (with only a few testers assigned to
silos).
We plan to close the vivid landing gates tomorrow around UTC end-of-day.
The reason for that is that we would actually want to do real
vivid-readiness assessment on our target devices and try to produce and
test our first RC image from vivid + the overlay PPA. The RC testing
will give us detailed information about how far we are from the
vivid-based OTA-4. Gates will remain closed until we have final test
results around Monday/Tuesday.

A few of the blockers we had on our radar are close to being resolved as
well. For instance, the Unity8 hang-on-boot [1] issue is now in the QA
queue - targeting the overlay PPA. As it has some desktop-unwanted
changes, we might want to skip syncing it to 'w' once it opens up. At
least before the fixes are stabilized for all consumers.

Regarding the yesterday-mentioned hotfix 14.09-based OTA that will
happen before OTA-4 - there have been some questions about it's proposed
dates. As this will be an out-of-schedule update and considering our
current priorities and deadlines, we would prefer to wait with setting a
definite date. Once we know where we stand with vivid we should be able
to determine when we'd have time for the update. Thank you for your
patience :)

For now main focus: vivid!

btw. commitlogs are back with useful information in them. I'll try to
re-generate the ones that have missing or broken information in them.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#270 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/270.commitlog

#181 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/181.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#181 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/181:20150422:20150210/12698/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

None really.

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

** unity8 sometimes hangs on boot
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1421009
 => Merge requests present

** [system settings] Count resets to 3 tries after 3 fails at sim unlock
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415850
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** Leaving Wifi does not connect to mobile carrier data (GSM)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1435328
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.