Re: Apps missing in Ubuntu Store

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Johan Velthuizen <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> In the unofficial App store https://uappexplorer.com/apps?type=application
> I see a lot of apps,( for example "webcam-demo") which I can't find in de
> Ubuntu Store on my phone.
> The name of the producer say Canonical but this app is not shown in the
> Canonical Ubuntu store.
> Can someone explain this or did the maker of the app only distribute in
> the UK?

uappexplorer.com is a "directory of the apps that have been published on
the Ubuntu Store".
It updates the list of apps every few hours, so it is possible that the app
has been unlisted from the store
before uappexplorer.com got the chance to update themselves.
The fact that the publisher is "Canonical" and the app is called
"webcam-demo",
makes me think that it might got published by mistake and got quickly
unpublished.

If you find end up finding such an app in the store, it makes sense to
install as soon as possible in order to
keep a copy of the app on your device (so you can export at a later date)
;-).

Simos