Landing team 05.05.15

Hello everyone,

UOS has started! There's a Phone Roadmap [1] session planned for 18 UTC
today during which Pat will overview the future plans regarding our
phone products. Be sure to tune in if you're interested.

In the meantime, we are close to closing the landing gates for this
weeks hot-fix OTA (codenamed OTA-3.5) in ubuntu-rtm/14.09. We're still
waiting for the new custom and device tarballs to land, but afterwards
we should be ready with our first promotion candidate. QA should be able
to start testing later today.

Wily is open, but currently from the touch perspective we want everyone
to concentrate on vivid landings. Currently there are no plans of
wily-based touch devices in the future, so we'll probably stick with
vivid for nearest time. We might implement something similar to a
dual-landing scheme, where every vivid landing would be auto-synced to
wily, but this is still something under consideration.

We're also in the middle of updating the landing documentation to cope
with the recent changes (the overlay PPA and similar).

Final note: since there was a lot of requests, for the nearest OTA we
will try to provide a more human-readable changelog indicating the
biggest changes coming with the image. Let's see how it goes!

Anyway, more news tomorrow. In the meantime: enjoy the UOS everyone!

[1] http://summit.ubuntu.com/uos-1505/meeting/22477/phone-roadmap/

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#271 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/271.commitlog

#190 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/190.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#190 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/190:20150505:20150210/12760/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

None.

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

* Known issues:

** unity8 sometimes hangs on boot
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1421009
 => Merge requests present

** Leaving Wifi does not connect to mobile carrier data (GSM)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1435328
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.