Re: Proxy settings, system wide or for browser?

Il 06/05/2015 13:49, Roberto Resoli ha scritto:
>>   gsettings set org.gnome.system.proxy mode 'manual'
>> >   gsettings set org.gnome.system.proxy.socks host 'localhost'

Sorry, did'nt pay attention to this. But have you already installed a
socks proxy on the phone? What is the intended goal? Did you want simply
try to set something?

>> >   gsettings set org.gnome.system.proxy.socks port '8080'
> Do you really want to set a socks proxy? Anyway, you have not set any
> proxy hostname.

my fault, the hostname is "localhost", but from the following it seems
that the set operations did not succeed;

I tried (as regular user, no sudo -i) and in my case

gsettings set org.gnome.system.proxy.http enabled true

was successful.

>> >   gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.system.proxy
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy use-same-proxy true
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy mode 'none'
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy autoconfig-url ''
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy ignore-hosts ['localhost', '127.0.0.0/8', '::1']
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.ftp host ''
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.ftp port 0
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.socks host ''
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.socks port 0
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.http host ''
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.http port 8080
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.http use-authentication false
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.http authentication-password ''
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.http authentication-user ''
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.http enabled false
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.https host ''
>> >     org.gnome.system.proxy.https port 0
>> >
>> > Is there another way to change these settings?

bye
rob