Re: Landing team 12.05.15

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 8:22 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
<lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> As per the previous announcement, OTA-3.5 is finally out! Remember: it
> might take a while for the phased updates to finish, so you might not
> see the upgrade instantly. Check the e-mail announcement for more
> information.
> In the meantime everyone is working hard on making sure we get the
> vivid-based OTA-4 at the end of the month.
>
> We're also using the time to tweak our processes accordingly to the
> current challenges. At first management wasn't completely clear on how
> they would like development to proceed, but it seems all the confusion
> is slowly disappearing. It seems we'll be using the same landing
> processes as we did before - with wily becoming our new devel series and
> vivid+overlay becoming the new stable (after OTA-4). So no changes here.

Will we continue with vivid + the overlay PPA, or will we branch it
into a separate distro at some point, as was done for 14.09 ?
I guess I’m wondering what are the advantages/inconvenients of each
approach (I don’t have anything to object to the overlay PPA
approach).