Landing team 13.05.15

Hello everyone,

Since mid-day UTC OTA-3.5 should be available to all users as the phased
update process has finished. In the meantime we are preparing a coherent
place where we could keep all the update release notes in an easy
accessible way for everyone interested. We doing official updates since
a while now so it's finally time to streamline the notes to something
less chaotic.

Today we also noticed some system-image strangeness regarding channel
alias handling on devices. It's nothing worrying for end-users, but
we're looking into why user devices suddenly got switched to different
channels with the latest update. As mentioned, it's nothing everyday
users should be concerned with.

Yesterday we also did a full sync of the stable overlay-PPA to wily,
making sure that everything that got released recently is now also
available on our development series. We do not intend to do any other
full syncs, so please be sure to land your changes to both archives at
once. We'll prepare helper tools for everyone in the nearest future.

More changes coming soon. We need to fix our changes/commitlog
generation too...

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#275 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/275.commitlog

#196 vivid/mako
- Missing commitlogs due to manifest switches

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#195 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/196:20150513:20150210/12790/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

None.

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307