Re: Meizu MX4

There is now a stable channel for the device we know as 'Arale' on
system-image.ubuntu.com, but it contains no images. We expect the first
will be placed there when we believe Ubuntu versions of the MX4 are in
customers hands. (We want to make it as good as possible before then!)

In the mean time, development images can be found at:

ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en on the same server.

Details of how to find the source (I have just added them) are at:

wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices

as with other ports.

I will note this from personal experience: Meizu ship many devices
(initially depending on the market) with bootloaders that do not allow
reflashing to Ubuntu or any other OS (even new versions of Android). The
actions of importers and distributors make it impractical to clearly state
'in this market, Android versions of the MX4 can be reflashed'. As such, I
personally would not purchase an Android MX4 unless I had a clear
understanding with the vendor that I could return it if it is unflashable.
Note that the vendor may have a hard time knowing this about their stock.

I currently believe that Ubuntu versions of Meizu phones will have unlocked
bootloaders in all markets.