Re: Bank webapps

@Marco for some things I agree with you, no big deal. For example
newspapers, blogs, ecc.

But for others I do not and I really see the difference. For example, the
bank websites.
The huge difference is in efficiency and precision.

To navigate to the bank website you need to
1) open the browser (1 tap)
2) type the correct name of the website (10-20 characters + the high
probability to tap it wrong on small keyboards like the phone ones) or look
it up on some search provider
3) type username and password (usually other 30-40 characters)
4) provide double-checking identity (various ways, other tappings, maybe 10
characters)

total: about 60-70 taps

While with a webapp you should be able to do it in
1) open the webapp
2) provide username and password (30-40 characters - optional: the username
and/or the password could be remembered, depending on the conditions
provided by the website)
3) provide double-checking identity (10 characters)

total: about 40-50 taps (or even 10 if the website allows to remember
username and password).

And the less you tap, the less you can make mistakes and mistypings, so
having a webapp prevents you to make 20-60 mistakes.

Davide Alberelli