Re: Developer support

Hi Daniel,

i'm sad to hear that you have such a bad experience using our SDK. Do you use the Ubuntu SDK ppa?
Because otherwise you won't get the most recent tools.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-sdk-team/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Then being on 14.10 you can not run apps for 15.04 (Ubuntu.Components 1.2) directly on the desktop. You would need to create a emulator to do that or use a device. If you want to be able to run apps using the most recent released API directly on the desktop, you also have to use the most recent Ubuntu release.

We are right now working on a SDK installer that will make that requirement go away, at least for apps.
But we still need some time to release it, as it is lots of work.

So if you have any other questions, reach me on IRC (zbenjamin in #ubuntu-app-devel). There are many others
who will also be happy to help.

Benjamin