Re: Convergence, Browser and WebRTC

Hello Selene,

Am Donnerstag, den 18.06.2015, 23:15 -0600 schrieb Selene Scriven:

> I'm really happy to hear this is do-able now.  Running
> full-fledged desktop apps on a phone was the #1 feature I and
> many of my friends were excited about when the Ubuntu Edge was
> announced, and it seems to be getting very close!  :)

From my experience up to now, I only miss the multitouch support in Xmir
since I could then get rid of the scroll bars in Firefox, Chromium and
so on.
Besides of that I would say it is fully useable already now. Maybe you
can talk with your canonical colleagues, so that we get a native Xmir
package with multitouch support soon? ;-)

I am also trying to get the maliit keyboard working in Xmir, so that the
keyboard is opened and closed automatically.

> I wonder if the Matchbox window manager is still any good.  It
> was designed for phones and is still in the package
> repositories...  Looks like my old xkbd fitaly layout is now
> included in xvkbd, too.  I could totally rebuild my Linux PDA
> interface from 2002.  :)

Thanks for the hint. I tried the matchbox window manager and so on.
However, it has problems with resizing and also switching between
application and keyboard is quite hard due to the small icon for
changing the application.
I also tried the matchbox-panel, but it did not work for me.
Have a look at the attached screenshots.