Re: OSMScout && keyfile

On 06/20/2015 07:27 PM, Torsten Sachse wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jun 2015, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>
>> Does the app OSMScout needs a keyfile for activation? Is the source for
>> OSMScout public available for inspection or is that binary only
>> application?
Haha a key file for an open source application? Just download it from
the app store, or compile it from source.
There is also a paid version, but it is exactly the same app, just
voluntary payment for supporting the hosting of maps (web space is not
free, maybe a little for my time as well)

> I can't answer the first question (althugh a "I don't think so" is the
> likely
> answer), but the source is freely available on github. Indeed, in
> order to be
> abble to store you maps on the SD-card right now, the only way is to
> manually
> alter the source and compile and install it yourself due to a missing
> feature
> in the OS itself. So just search github for OSMScout and you should
> find it.
It has been requested to come into the Open App Store, but let's see
what they do...

> The link to the repo should be
> https://github.com/fransschreuder/OSMScout-ubuntu
Right!