Why does this code/app fail?

Hello list,

This is my last attempt to find out what's causing the attached [1] MWE
code to fail in the SDK (running on Desktop) and on my Nexus 4 device.
I asked for help on IRC for several days in a row without anyone ever
replying to me. (People helped me out before, but not regarding this
issue, which got very frustrating over the time)

You can test/run the attached [1] code by simply creating the QML-C++
SDK example app (CMake version) and replacing the mytype.h content with
it.

The expected result is to start/stop recording in a 2 second interval.
After a few (1 to ~50) rounds, the message shows "This is not good!"
which simply means, that the recorder does not start recording and is
in some midair state. For me, this message shows up eventually, the
recorder never recovers and the app is rendered useless.

Ben

[1]: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/11748282/

Follow ups