Screen lock features

So we now have a number of apps available which require the ability to hold the screen in a fully illuminated, unlocked state. Some of them are killer feature apps which are crucial to acceptance of the OS, at least one of these has this feature implemented within the code but cannot do so as Ubuntu does not yet support it.

I am able to use these apps at present by disabling the auto screen lock. But because the screen still dims after a few moments they are effectively unusable during the day. How do we go about adding weight to the request for this feature? I really feel everyone needs to do so as one of the major functions I require of a phone is missing, this is selling us short as we all know this OS has the ability to really impress.

Follow ups