Landing team 22.06.15

Hello everyone,

I'm back with you this week with daily news from the Ubuntu Touch
landing team. Timo is away on holidays this week so we're short one
person in the EU timezone - no worries though as I'll be explicitly
around for anything related to train operations.

Today we landed a new Unity8, telephony stack bits and included new
language layouts in the seeds for the ubuntu-keyboard. We also finally
got green light on re-including calendar-app as a default application on
our images - we'll try doing that as soon as possible. Great job everyone!

The next milestone is planned for around beginning/mid-July. You can
track the currently targeted bugs on this launchpad milestone:
https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww28-2015

I would also like to use this occasion to once again ask all developers
that release packages through the train to explicitly mention any
package dependency changes in the debian/changelog entries. This means
that basically any merge that changes a dependency should mention that
in its commit message. We might soon make our policies stricter and
start rejecting entries when that happens, requiring rebuilds.

See you tomorrow!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- Missing commitlogs due to manifest switches

* Smoke-testing results:
devel : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/
rc : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/

#233 devel/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/mako/233:20150622:20150529.1/13071/

#171 rc/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/mako/171:20150622.1:20150210/13083/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (stable):

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** SIM unlock dialog can not be brought up on arale at all
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1465214
 => Merge requests present

* Blocking issues (devel):

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307
 => Merge requests present

** No data connection switching from 2G only to 3G
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1461593
 => Merge requests present

** SIM unlock dialog can not be brought up on arale at all
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1465214
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

None.