Re: BQ r23 total off and unwilling to react

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015, Oliver Grawert wrote:
Am Montag, den 22.06.2015, 20:21 +0200 schrieb Torsten Sachse:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2015, Steve Langasek wrote:
> The only part that should be running when not on wifi is the crash
> collection.  We certainly *should* be running that when not on
> wifi; you don't get a second chance to run the kernel crash
> handler, and we want to know about crashes that only happen when
> not on wifi (including, possibly, crashes that happen /because/
> you're not on wifi).

While that may be true, there has to be an option to switch off such
crash collection permanently or temporarily. This must not be
enforced on the user, which is the way it is right now, if I
understood all this correctly.

there is a bug, bugs happen, people make mistakes  ... you make it
sound like this is intentional ...

I know that people make mistakes as I just made a stupid one myself. To
me, Steve's email sounded as if it was intentional due to the
highlighted "should" which I misunderstood as a "must". I know now that
I completely missed the point of the message.