Re: Required packages

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 6:01 AM, Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Quick question: Is the list
>
> sudo apt-get install git gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
>   zip bzr curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
>   libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \
>   libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos \
>   python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386 schedtool
>

> stolen from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Building accurate?

I suppose for Ubuntu 14.04 it should be still accurate.

These are development packages to install.
What you would normally do, is continue with the rest of the compilation
and if you get an error for missing packages, identify the package,
install it and then add it to the list.
If you install more packages than needed, you would probably not have
any adverse effect.
The important part from above is the ':i386' for some packages.
For example, if compilation complains about libreadline missing but
you have libreadline installed,
you apparently need the i386 dev version of the package (sudo apt-get
install libreadline6-dev:i386).

Personally, if I have a freshly installed Ubuntu, I would not install
such packages at all,
follow the next commands and only install missing packages based on
any errors that are encountered.
That way, I would get a fresh list of required packages for my
specific Ubuntu version.

Simos