Problems opening files that were imported with content-hub

Hi all,

The app that I'm working on imports archive files with content-hub (they
arrive in .cache/<appname>/Hubcoming/<id>/)
It then extracts these to files the app's local directory (eg.
.local/share/<appname>/).

Recently, the second step stopped working.
Perhaps since an update to my build chroot or an update on my phone...
I don't see any apparmor messages in syslog when trying to open the file.
Although there is one when running the File Manager:
459:252): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open"
profile="comicbox_comicBox_1.0"
name="/home/phablet/.local/share/applications/com.ubuntu.filemanager_filemanager_0.4.386.desktop"
pid=24356 comm="qmlscene" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=32011
ouid=32011
Not sure if this is related though as I can successfully select and import
a file.
My apparmor profile includes "content_exchange".

Any ideas?
Has anything around here been changed recently?

Regards,
Darren

Follow ups