Re: Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition - adb connection is not working?

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Juhapekka Piiroinen
<juhapekka.piiroinen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Issue 1:
> I have ran all the recent updates for the MX4 via the UI. It looks
> like that even few reboots and enabling the developer mode etc, I am
> unable to connect to the device via adb. Is this some kind of known issue?
> I can see that the adbd is running on the MX4 via the terminal app.
>
> I have the BQ E5 which works just fine and I can adb shell to it.
>
> Issue 2:
> Another issue is that the device does not auto-connect to a hidden wifi.

Hidden Wi-Fis are a bit of an issue; they require the device (the
phone) to send probes periodically with the hope that the access point
is around and will respond. If you travel around the city, your phone
will be publicly sending those probes (and others can figure out your
access point SSID!).

In terms of security, hidden Wi-Fis offer no extra security and more
configuration trouble. See, for example,
http://www.thelinuxgeek.com/content/find-hidden-ssids for instructions
on how someone can figure out your SSID. You can use Ubuntu to try out
those commands.

Because the device needs to blindly send probes, it is a power
management issue for the phone to be on the lookout. Some other
operating systems even advise to configure up to two such hidden
WiFis.

Having said that, have a look at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-network/+bug/1430769
I suppose it describes your issue; you may click on the 'It affects me' link.

Simos