Re: Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition - adb connection is not working

On 2015-07-03 01:21 , Alan Pope wrote:
> The MX4 can be a bit picky about which type of USB port it's connected
> to. Try moving to another port, or maybe use a different hub (or a
> slower one). Cheers,
Do you mean using USB2 rather than USB3, or should I try to track down a
USB1 hub?

I'm also unable to get adb working at all.  I've tried with my MacBook
(Yosemite) and with a Raspberry Pi running Ubuntu Trusty plus the
phablet-tools PPA, both of these through a normal 4-port USB2 hub and
the MacBook through a 7-port USB3 hub.  adb doesn't show any devices in
any of these configurations.

It feels like I've got a faulty unit, since I've had this problem since
day 1 and other people seem to have it working.  But dmesg and lsusb
show the phone fine and the MacBook also reports that a
MX4_Ubuntu_Edition is plugged in, so perhaps it's a software issue.

I asked a question about it on askubuntu but didn't get much response:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/632444/meizu-mx4-ubuntu-edition-not-mounting-as-usb-drive