Firewall: feature request for settings and volunteering to write a Firewall app

Hi,

Topic 1/2: Feature request for settings
I was wondering if someone could add a switch for the ufw
enable/disable to the settings? As now the default iptables rules are
to allow all traffic. And only way to enable the firewall is to 'sudo
ufw enable' from terminal.

Topic 2/2: Volunteering to write a Firewall App
- I was also thinking that I could volunteer to implement a firewall
UI for the ufw, but for that I would need some help on how to setuid
to root from c++/qml app?
- I was looking at libpam which is used in the terminal, but that is
just verifying the user.
- Then I was looking the pkexec which is included also on the device
image. What is the right way of asking "give me temporary root access"
for execution of a shell command from an app? Is there some dbus
service or something, which would give sudo rights for a pid or
something. I rather ask, than to implement something which is not just
right.

Cheers,
JP

Follow ups