Re: [Design] removing scopes

On Wed, 2015-07-15 at 22:29 +0200, Krzysztof Tataradziński wrote:
> > On Wed, 2015-07-15 at 19:00 +0200, bln_dr@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> Hi. I have the Bq E5 Ubuntu- Edition and i have contact the Bq Support
> >> before with this Question: There are a lot of scopes or apps that i
> >> can not remove for example: Amazon, eBay and 7digital. Is there a way
> >> to remove them? Because I have switch from android to ubuntu  to have
> >> the possibility to remove everything that I don't need.
> >>

> > You cannot remove these scopes, because they are not installed locally,
> > but are running remotely on a server. You can however simply unfavorite
> > them, and also should be able to un-select them in any aggregation
> > scopes which use them.
>
> So Ubuntu is making the same mistakes like an Android. For me, it's
> really annoying, that something that I don't use, can't be deleted.
> Why Ubuntu follow this path?

Any OS is going to have something in it, which someone doesn't use, and
which can't be removed. This has nothing to do with Android or Ubuntu.
All operating systems are like this.

If you want to be extra particular about it though, Ubuntu does lend you
the freedom and ability to build your own custom images where you can
limit what is installed on the system, even further, if you really want
to; or even have different things installed by default. Android/iOS
don't really give you that option.