Re: Made your system writeable? Is your disk full? OTA might break

On 17 July 2015 at 15:56, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do not have / writable:
>
> $ mount | fgrep ' / '
> /dev/mmcblk0p6 on / type ext4 (ro,relatime,data=ordered)

It is not meaningful to know the current status of the partition. If it has
*ever* been writable, something may have filled it at that time.

Note that I believe users need to take explicit action with developer tools
(ubuntu-device-flash or sudo on a handset that has had changes made from
defaults - either install of terminal, or use of developer mode) to ever
mark the partition writeable.

> $ df -h /
> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/mmcblk0p6  2,0G  1,6G  317M  84% /
>
> Why I see onl 84% free and both we have the same used space of 1,6G?

I don't know. I observe that in both cases the maths df presents doesn't
actually add up. (1.6+4.6 != 2 and 1.6 + 0.3 != 2).

> Will 317M still be fine?

I think so.