Re: Telegram and message processing at Canonical server

El día Saturday, July 18, 2015 a las 08:23:48PM +0100, Marco A. Harrendorf escribió:

> Dear all,
>
> from the last correspondence in regards to Telegram and other clients my
> understanding was that a new Telegram message is processed at a
> Canonical server and then a notification is shown in the indicator panel
> by making use of a telepathy service.
>
> Does this mean that, even if I am using a private chat in Telegram,
> Canonical could in principle read the messages since they messages
> handled and delivered by their server?
>
> I would appreciate if anybody could shine some light on handling
> notifications and the use of an intermittent Canonical server for
> delivering notifications.

I do not know if Canonical is involved in the communication of Telegram
messages. But, I would like to have as the receiver the option to switch
off the "feature" (call it better: violation of my privacy) that the
sender is notified when the message reached my device. Without being
able to switch this off, I will not use Telegram.

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/  +49-176-38902045