Re: Telegram and message processing at Canonical server

Hello Marco:

Canonical server receives the notification from Telegram and push it to
the proper device. The information into the notification is the one that
Telegram sends to Canonical, that is simply forwarded.
In the case of regular chats, Telegram notifification comes with the
message content, but that doesn't happen in the case of secret chats. In
that specific case, any relevant information related with the content of
the message, the conversation, the participants, any chat identifier,
etc.. is not included in the push notification. You can do a simple
test: watch the difference between a notification content for a message
in a regular chat compared with another belonging to a secret chat.
So, if you're concerned about privacy i suggest you use secret chats
that encrypts conversations end to end, being only the peers involve in
conversation the only ones that have access to the messages.