Re: Telegram

On 21 July 2015 at 12:20, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 21.07.2015, 20:09 +1000 schrieb Mitchell Reese:
> > Hey folks, I keep getting a white screen when I open the telegram app -
> > very odd. Have tried deleting telegrams cache, local folder, config
> files,
> > and finally deleting the app from my custom folder and reinstalling it
> from
> > the store. On bq aquarius, rc-proposed. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.
>
> there should be a new telegram app landing soon, the rc-proposed channel
> dropped a dependency that the app shouldnt have used so telegram is
> broken for all rc-proposed users currently (started right after the OTA
> imae was branched off, so users of "stable" are not affected)

Thanks for the updates on this.  I hope this is not too far off topic.

In terms of "apps for human beings" I think telegram is one of the few apps
that really is both free software (at least the client) and a first class
user experience.

There is talk about the server side becoming open source.  I would love to
see a company we trust, like canonical, one day running such a node.  I
believe mark uses it, so I'm really encouraged.

Some more background reading:

http://www.alexrad.me/discourse/a-264-attack-on-telegram
-and-why-a-super-villain-doesnt-need-it-to-read-your-telegram-chats.html

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/49782/is-telegram-secure

https://github.com/DrKLO/Telegram/issues/721