Odd SMS bug after OTA5 update

I encountered an unusual bug shortly after the OTA5 update. Just thought
I'd share here in case anybody recognises it.

I received a SMS from a contact on my phone. When I tried to reply in
the indicator, it popped up a sending error (not sure if this might have
been caused by the no network bug or not).

I then opened the messaging app and viewed the conversation. My reply
was shown as having an error, so I clicked on retry.

At this point, my reply and the previous message I received disappeared
from the thread.

Returning to the main view, the message I received from my contact
appeared in a new thread, as if I had received it from another number.
This number being a cold caller that has phoned me several times in the
last week.