Re: mapplauncher

On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 18:01 +0300, Zoltán Balogh wrote:
> I know that there are security concerns about how the mapplauncherd
> works.  After talking to the main developer (w00t on freenode) and
> reviewing the code I have learned what the mapplaucnher is doing [7]
>
> If you have any experience or opinion about the topic please bring it up :)
>
> This idea looks very promising and piling off seconds from the app
> starts is something we all are interest, but obviously not for the price
> of compromising our platform's security.

What are the real benefits of doing this? If this is to improve app
startup speed, is there any significant and concrete data showing that a
perceivable and significant increase in performance is made from this,
compared against the normal execution of various types of apps, not just
pure qml apps being run via qmlscene? Do we even have concrete profiling
data showing where exactly the slowness is for all these various types
of applications?

This seems like a very over-engineered and complex way to work around an
otherwise simple (albeit pervasive) problem.