Landing team 29.07.15

Hello everyone,

Still not too much velocity for OTA-6 - only one click and one package
released today. The reason is that still many developers are busy with
the ongoing gcc-5 transition. Some projects had their changes already
released to the wily archive, others are scheduled to be released with
the 'big release' at the end of the week. The current ETA for that is
Friday.
We're also still waiting on the emulator images getting fixes.

In the meantime, we started looking into getting the mako HERE tarball
properly maintained again as currently it's terribly outdated. Penk
volunteered to take care of that in the nearest weeks. We're also
thinking about actually moving those images from the bq-aquaris.en
channel to a specialized channel for this purpose, as right now it's
simply a left-over from the old channel layout.

We will be also working on getting -proposed enabled for the overlay
PPA. Along with this the release schedule will change for OTA-6 with an
introduction of a feature freeze at the same time as the string freeze -
we're updating the documentation accordingly.

Final news: as per earlier announcement, today will also be the day of
the first public deployment of Bileto, our new CI Train landing
database. Fingers crossed!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#80 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/80.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
devel : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/
rc : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/

#272 devel-proposed/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/mako/272:20150729:20150708/13399/

#201 rc-proposed/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/mako/201:20150729:20150210/13391/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (stable):

** [vivid-overlay] unity8 fails to start on the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458694

* Blocking issues (devel):

** [vivid-overlay] unity8 fails to start on the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458694

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307
 => Merge requests present

** No data connection switching from 2G only to 3G
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1461593
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,