Re: MX4 preloader

On 07/29/2015 04:25 PM, Ionut Negru wrote:
Dear Sebastian,

Thank you very much for the comprehensive response!

My problem is that I can't make any OS (Ubuntu or Windows) to even detect that I have plugged the phone on to USB.

I have found this video(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3TmXtOA0IA) that shows how to force a meta boot with a hardware mod using the testpoint pin, however, it is not working for MX4. Actually I can generate some kind of USB plug-in event but the OS is not able to communicate with the phone at all, not even for getting its device description. So it might be just some bogus voltage variation that gets detected by the OS.
I have to ask; did you try a different cord? A different usb port? A short USB cord and trying in USB2 and USB3 ports would be my first stop. Granted I assume it all worked before, but :-)

Nicholas