Re: Application startup

On 08/04/2015 02:30 AM, Christian Dywan wrote:
> And the same with messages and contacts and browser and music?

No :-)

> I'm rather concerned about hiding performance issues rather than
> tracking them down and addressing them. And more generally increasing
> technical debt. We already have ugly special-cases like unconfined apps
> and lifecycle exceptions. And they already lead to plenty confusion and
> frustration when working normal apps that can't deal with certain
> limitations.

I hear you and I fully agree. :-)

However, the dialer app is really special. Emergency calls are something
that should always work no matter what, so keeping this application
running is something that could be considered.

We have plenty of useless background processes (for instance for
location and bluetooth, when I have them disabled!), so if memory is a
concern I'd rather optimize those away.

Ciao,
  Alberto