Re: [Development] Override user agent string in WebApp

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Peter Bittner <peter.bittner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
It seems like adding "push-notification-client" to the .apparmor file
doesn't make push notifications work in a WebApp. Is the documentation
on [1] only applicable for native apps?

[...]

(I must confess, I've simply added the value to the .apparmor file and
restarted the WebApp (after clearing cache and configuration). I've
not tested reinstalling a .click package e.g. via the Ubuntu Store.)

That's not enough. The JSON-formatted file included in your click package is not read by apparmor. Instead, it is used to create the actual apparmor configuration file (in /var/lib/apparmor/profiles) during the installation process. To have a new configuration file created from your JSON file, you must either reinstall the click package or run `sudo aa-clickhook -f` after changing the file on the device.

That said, I have no idea if push notifications work with webapps. Apparmor denials are logged in /var/log/syslog. If it doesn't work, check there to see whether apparmor blocked it or not.

Robert