Re: obexd-{client,server}: replaced by bluez-obexd?

On 20.08.2015 23:20, Steve Langasek wrote:
Hi all,

I've been taking care of a backlog of packages that have been removed in
Debian but not removed in Ubuntu.  One of the packages that's shown up on
the list as having reverse-dependencies in Ubuntu is obexd, whose packages
(obexd-client and obexd-server) don't merely have reverse-dependencies, they
have the ubuntu-touch metapackage as a reverse-dependency.

According to the Debian bug report (http://bugs.debian.org/772094), these
packages are obsolete and superseded by bluez-obexd.  bluez-obexd is
available in Ubuntu, and does show itself as replacing obexd-client and
obexd-server.  Should the touch seed be changed to use bluez-obexd in place
of obexd-{client,server} going forward from wily?  Do we have test cases for
obex support on the phone?

Bluetooth support on Touch in wily is currently broken with bluez 5.33 being included. All touch components still expect the old 4.x DBus API. The conversion will happen soon once we get bluez 5.x running on Touch.

I am not sure that there are explicit test case for OBEX but I at least remember some which included address book syncing with car kits.

However running them on Touch will be not possible in wily so I am fine with just dropping obexd-{client,server} from the Touch seeds in wily and use bluez-obexd instead.

regards,
Simon