Re: Refreshing page in the browser

W dniu 24.08.2015 o 17:46, Olivier Tilloy pisze:
On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Dominik Wnęk <dominik@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi again,

I was wondering about the refresh button in the browser. It's a little hard
to get, since it only appears when tapping on the address at the top of the
page, plus somehow when I want to tap it, I'm as likely as not to bring up
the copy/paste menu instead of refreshing the page.

Since the entire system uses pull-down-to-refresh, shouldn't the browser,
too? It would make a lot of sense.
Although the original design for the browser specified that pulldown
from the top would trigger opening a new tab, this was discussed today
with designers and challenged, and we agree that refreshing the page
would make more sense (and be more consistent with what other apps
do).
This requires some preliminary work in the web engine to enable it in
the browser though, and is tracked by
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1415952.
Thank you for your response, I'm sure it'll make the browser easier to use. Now, if only the renderer stopped crashing left and right. ;-)

Also, is a "tap to scroll page back to the top" functionality on the cards?
Not that I know of.
Do you think a proposal like this might be considered? It would make sense in the context of pull down to refresh, too. I know iOS has this (tap at the top of the screen - not sure this would be doable here); I'm not sure about Android, but even the PS Vita browser has this, with a not particularly elegant button, and I, _personally_ use this functionality a lot.

Regards,

--
Dominik Wnęk