Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bileto improvements, Dashboard deprecation

Hey Robert,

Looking nice so far, thanks for the enhancements!

Some ideas for improvement that might also help out with one of the
issues that Michael mentioned below:

The generall idea is to de-clutter the bileto interface. The hover
overlay menu is a step in the right direction, but I was actually
thinking of doing something different. What if each bileto landing could
be click-to-expand? This would mean that the main interface could
generally only show the most important information, but in the expanded
view it could show all the details that are generally interesting only
for certain people - like landers of the given feature and trainguards.

This could be done by either introducing an accessible button 'See
Details' or just by a onclick of the table row, after clicking which the
landing would expand and show all details + the actual silo controls.
The hover bar is nice, but when you think about it, silo actions aren't
performed as frequently and aren't as time-critical to be visible
everywhere. And besides, landers are generally only interested in the
controls of a selected landing they're working on. This way we could
have an even more clean and visible interface, but with all the info and
controls we need. Just a click away.

The good ol' Issue Tracker I once made has something similar, but
not-too-fancy as it has no animations of the expanding:
 http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/

This was also basically the main idea of the CI Airline UI we were
preparing.

On the spreadsheet there was no other choice but include ALL the
required data in the main row - with our custom tools we should only
show the most important, and leave the rest visible to only those that
want to see it. Then things like 'what merges are actually configured'
or all the comments for a silo etc. could be in the details. Then we
could only show the top-most comment on the main view.

What do you think?

Cheers,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak